Saturday, January 14, 2012
· In Requirements tab select “coverage view”
· Select the requirement by selecting Parent / Child
· Right side another window will open, in that there will be two tabs, test coverage and details.
· Select “Test Coverage” in that.
· On clicking the “Select tests” button a new window will open, where the list of all tests are displayed.
· Select the test case where the requirement has to be mapped.
Saturday, December 24, 2011
How the Quality Center (QC) is used in real time projects?
In real time projects after writing the test cases, export the test cases to quality center. The test cases will get loaded in test plan module.
At the time of execution, the test cases from test plan tab are moved to test lab module.
In test lab, the test cases were executed and the test results are marked like pass or fail or incomplete, the test report is generated from test lab.
If the defects are found, the defects are logged in the defects module by attaching the required screenshots.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
How to upload test cases from an excel sheet to Quality Center (QC)?
In Quality Center, go to add-in menu and find “Excel add-in” and install in the system.
Open the excel, in menu you can find an option “Export to Quality Center”, select it and upload the test cases to Quality Center (QC).
Thursday, September 22, 2011
What are the different phases in Quality Center (QC)?
· Setting up the QC Project
· Requirements Management
· Create Test Cases
· Run Test and Analyse the results
· Report and Track Defects.
Monday, September 5, 2011
How to run Reports from Quality Center (QC) ?
· Open Quality Center
· Select the Requirements module
· Choose Report
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Explain Defects module in Quality Center (QC).
The Defects module is used for Bug tracking and help to manage defects like adding defects and status change for defects etc.
It supports the entire defect life cycle from intial problem detection through resolution and verification, if a new defect is submitted it checks its database for similar defects which reduces duplication and manual checking.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Explain Test Lab module in Quality Center (QC).
The Test Lab module is used for building the test set, executing the test set, analyse the results.
The folders needs to be created and the corresponding test sets should be created, after the tests are created it has to be executed using RUN or RUN ALL options.
RUN is used for running a single selected test in the test set.
RUN ALL is used for running all the tests in the test set.
After the execution the results can be analysed in the functional tool like QTP or Loadrunner and the defects can be posted from there itself.
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Explain Test Plan module in Quality Center (QC).
In Test Plan module by creating a folder one can create test manually or automatically for all the requirements.
In the folder an empty test was created, based on the test the corresponding functional tool (QTP or Load runner) was launched to generate test scripts. Click save button. The test script will be saved in the empty script file created in QC. Likewise it has to be created for all the tests.
After creating all the tests, a link between the test and corresponding requirement with the help of requirements coverage tab can be created, this would be helpful for automatic traceability.
Monday, July 18, 2011
Explain Requirements module in Quality Center (QC).
The Requirements module is used to store Test Requirements, based on these requirements the test cases are build.
The requirement module has two options,
· New Requirement
· New Child Requirement
Using this module one can,
· Create Child requirement for a Parent requirement.
· Each requirement will have an unique ID generated.
· Attach attachments to the requirements.
· Give status to the requirement like whether the test is covered or not, is executed or not, if executed whether it is pass or fail.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
What are the different modules in Quality Center (QC)?
The basic modules in Quality Center are,
· Test Plan
· Test Lab
In QC 10.0 version the following modules were added,
· Business Component
· Resources and Dependancies
Labels: Modules in Quality Center (QC)
What is Quality Center (QC)? What are the uses of Quality Center (QC)?
Quality Center (QC) is a web based test management tool which can be used for scheduling tests, logging test results, issues progress tracking, incident management and test reporting.
Some uses of Quality Center are,
· Quality center interface is very simple and it helps to manage and organize activities like requirements coverage, test case management, test execution reporting, defect management and test automation.
· It provides traceability from requirements – test cases – test execution – defects.
· Quality center can be integrated with email systems which sends email remainders for bugs and other testing activities.
· Quality Center can be integrated with other test automation tools like QTP, Winrunner, Load runner.
· Quality Center provides option to import data from Microsoft Word and Excel but we need to have add-ins for this option.
Quality center provides,
· Common Repository
· Automatic Traceability Matrix
· Bug Tracking Facility
· Automatic Reports and Graphs generator